What Makes A Beautiful Person?
I often see beautiful people. And I’m sure that you do too. I’m not talking about the type of ‘beautiful’ we associate with pleasing to the eye, but pleasing to the soul.
Beautiful people stand out. They may be people who are in our lives on a regular basis. Or they may be random people that we encounter as we go about our daily lives. Their presence makes an impact; it touches hearts ‘so hard’ that it makes them impossible to forget.
But what makes them beautiful? After an encounter with an unknown beautiful person this morning, I felt inspired to write. I reflect back upon time spent with such people over the years, and conclude that these attributes contribute greatly to the way that these people make us feel:
- They think of others…a lot. They notice opportunities to help others, before others.
- They smile often. Being around them makes us want to smile too.
- They listen intently with their ears and their eyes. They make you feel heard and understood.
- They are humble. They don’t seek recognition. Whatever they do comes from their heart.
- They know that it’s okay to show vulnerability. Their honesty and authenticity inspires us.
- They don’t take sides and they don’t judge.
- They make people feel special and valued.
- They are unafraid to show a range of emotions. Sadness, joy, excitement, passion, love…..they show it all.
And you can too.