How To Live Your Life Without Regret
What would be your biggest regret if this was the last day of your life?
Or would you know in your heart that you had lived the best possible life?
The biggest mistake we often make is to assume that we will always have enough time.
Weeks, months and often years may pass by as we wait for the ‘right time’ to create change or to ‘live’ or ‘love’ better.
At the end of our life, we will either have wonderful memories or deep regrets, dependant on our action TODAY.
Here are my top ten tips to ensure that you live the best possible life without regret:
- Create and follow your own path. Don’t feel obliged to live your life based on other’s expectations. Never choose to believe that others know you better than yourself.
- Remember that your bank of love will always be more important than your bank account. Seek to create memories with people that you love and people that love you.
- Face your fears. Waiting until ‘it feels right’ to create change could steal years of happiness.
- Identify and live your life in accordance with your values. Knowing why you want what you want will drive you to achieve your goals.
- Turn your ‘should’ into ‘could’. Don’t do what you feel you should do. Think about what you could do. Open your mind to limitless possibilities.
- Make time to plan your life. If you don’t plan your life, then someone else will plan it for you. Taking 30 mins a week to life plan and check you are on track could save you 30 years of regret.
- Be brave enough to go within so that you don’t live a life without. Don’t deny your feelings if you experience dissatisfaction with your life but embrace them. They are a necessary step towards change and growth.
- Make health and self-care a top priority. Allocate weekly time to self-care. Book it into your calendar and guard it with your life. This will benefit your life.
- Surround yourself with those that help you fly, not those who clip your wings. Seek to spend time with spirited people who believe that life is for living!
And finally, always remember that time to live, laugh and love runs out.